Skilled And Compassionate Estate Planning And Probate Assistance
Whether you are concerned with protecting your legacy for future generations or have recently lost a loved one whose estate you need to probate, you need a skilled lawyer who can guide you through the process. Our attorneys have a combined 100 years of legal experience and is dedicated to providing the best client service possible. We offer a variety of services and planning documents including:
Preparing An Estate Plan Tailored To You
When you think about your family’s future, you may be unsure of what will happen when you pass on. Whether you have a substantial estate or a modest one, or you are new parents, estate planning can help you with a variety of needs. At Ken Wigginton, PLLC, we tailor each plan to our client’s individual situation and goals. We offer a variety of services and planning documents, including:
- Wills – A will identifies your wishes and appoints someone to carry out those wishes after you are gone, including a guardian for minor children.
- Trusts – Trusts have many uses in an estate plan, and they are not limited to the ultrarich.
- Durable power of attorney – Trusted Agent you choose to handle your needs if you are incapable of making those decisions
- Health care documents – A combination of an advance directive and an authorization to your medical provider allows you to express your wishes for the type of care you would like to receive if you cannot express your wishes.
- Business succession planning – For business owners, you may wish to see your business continue after you are gone. Planning ahead is critical for a smooth transition and asset protection.
- Property transfers and gifting – You may find it is in your best interest to gift certain assets while you are still alive.
- Appointment of agent to control disposition of remains – This document is used if a spouse is not available to help cut through the red tape of burial.
- Transfer on death deeds and lady bird deeds
- Medical power of attorney
- Special needs trusts
As you can see, some of these documents can help you during your lifetime. In addition, they must be prepared while you are legally competent to do so. Waiting until you actually need them is often too late. Planning now means peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
Caring Guidance When A Loved One Dies
When you lose a loved one, the last thing you want to worry about is the legal requirements of probate. Unfortunately, certain actions must be taken to resolve the claims and assets in the deceased’s estate. If you are named the executor of an estate, we can provide you with the guidance you need to perform your duties. We can take much of the legal burden off your shoulders so you can focus on your family.
If your probate involves a business interest, our experienced business attorneys can assist your family in protecting that interest. We understand how to facilitate a smooth transition of the business